Here is a stock comeback zakjapanner which automatically calculates dividend reinvestment (Dribble). It has daily resolution and decently accounts for stock splits and special dividends.
There are presently
Three,200 American stocks te our database. You can find the total list of supported tickers here. Wij cache results for up to one week, the contraption adjusts beginning and closing dates automatically when you klapper ‘calculate’. Read below the device for total instructions and notes on bug and feature requests.
The Stock Terugwedstrijd Rekenmachine with Dividend Reinvestment (Run in rivulets)!
Financial Gegevens provided by Quandl.
Note: The zakjapanner does not account for spin-offs . If your timeframe includes a spin-off, you need to do manual calculations.
How To Use the Dividend Reinvestment Zakjapanner (Dribble)
Note: the stock total terugwedstrijd zakjapanner isn’t clairvoyant. If you see a future date the contraption rounded to the closest snap-point.
- Stock Ticker:Come in a valid ticker
- Kicking off Amount ($): Come in an initial investment amount
- Beginning Date: Come in when an investment wasgoed very first made
- Ending Date: Come in when an investment wasgoed sold (or date to check the investment value)
- Reinvestment ($): The amount invested ter every period selected from the pull-down below it. (Like a Cascade or Dividend Reinvestment Project)
- Frequency: How often this dollar cost averaging or paycheck contribution went into the stock.
- Total Amount: The value of the investment on the ‘Ending Date’.
- Annualized Investment: Our estimate to the amount returned annually by the investment, including any dollar cost averaging.
- Graph: The value of the account overheen time – haul your cursor overheen points to see value on a date (apologies te advance to mobile users)
- Dividends: Wij list the ex-dividend date and dividend amount for all dividends te the set.
How do the Periodic Stock Investments Work?
The device makes a best effort to time dividend reinvestments based on your inputs. Dates are tricky, especially when mashed up against market holidays and weekends and leap years. Ter reality, you can only periodically invest if the market is open, and usually only after you receive money – perhaps a paycheck?
That te mind, here’s how the periodic investment algorithm ter the contraption works:
- Every Week: Invest every Five market days
- Every Other Week: Invest every Ten market days
- Every 4th Week: Invest every 21 market days
- Every Quarter: Invest every 63 market days
The day counts are derived from the harshly 252 trading days a year te the stock market. Te the stock reinvestment zakjapanner, if a dividend and reinvestment occur on the same day, dividends are applied very first and the investment is calculated from the discounted price. The instrument uses the ex-dividend date spil the payout date.
What About Stock Valuation?
There’s a reason for the common warning “past spectacle is no assure of future results”. Even if you see a previously successful investment (and perhaps, especially) you can’t count on comebacks to carry on ter the same manner.
Stock valuation is an kunst more than a science. One schoolgebouw of thought, value, attempts to proefje a fair value based on the characteristics of the company. Along those lines, wij have a few instruments for you to attempt to value stocks:
- A Graham Number Rekenmachine which uses Jongste Graham’s method to estimate a fair price.
- A Discounted Contant Flow Zakjapanner which uses estimated future earnings or specie flow growth to estimate the fair value of a stock or investment. (This one can auto-populate many stocks ter this set).
- A Dividend Discount Prototype Rekenmachine which also estimates nipt present value like the DCF zakjapanner, but uses dividend history and growth instead. (It also can auto-populate many stocks.)
There are no ensures ter stock valuation – it’s hard to predict the future. However, those devices might help point you te the right direction.
Sources &, Methodology on the Stock Total Terugwedstrijd Zakjapanner
This implement uses the Quandl WIKI EOD Stock Informatie database on the backend. Detailed information on this dataset can be found here.
The zakjapanner internally creates a datastructure which contains the initial purchase and the price fluctuations using stock closing prices on each day. (Normal) splits and dividend events cause us to increase the modeled number of shares held. Switch sides splits will reduce the number of shares held.
Limitations and Disclaimers
The stock total terugwedstrijd calculated is idealized, based on closing prices, and will not match the precies comes back. Wij are not modeling taxes, management fees, dividend payment timing, slippage, or other sources of error. It is possible that the dataset contains errors spil well (let Quandl know and help improve the dataset).
Bugs and Feature Requests for the Stock Total Comeback Rekenmachine
Outside of ads, I’m not compensated to build and maintain this contraption. If you want something better or want more features, make a contracting inquiry.
- Results are cached for one week so spil not to overwhelm our gegevens provider. Your gegevens can be up to Five trading days off if someone else checked a ticker. The device will automatically voorstelling the true closing date.
- It has to fetch Two large lumps of gegevens: the entire ticker list then a daily stock record. At launch, some daily histories date to 1970. Results may take up to a minute (or more) depending on your internet connection.
- This information is for informational and research purposes only. Wij will not react to requests to provide investment comes back ter a legal capacity. Wij can only help you with research inquiries. You most likely need a professional known spil a “forensic accountant” for audited results for legal purposes.
- The utter list of available tickers is available here – if your ticker isn’t listed it’s not a bug.
- Let mij know if you find a bug. Let mij know which ticker caused the kwestie and I can debug it.
- The implement doesn’t account for spin-offs – you’ll need to work around spin-offs by hand.
Musings on the Any Stock Dividend Reinvestment Zakjapanner
Wij originally built a version of this stock total terugwedstrijd rekenmachine for DQYDJ’s five year anniversary (and 749th published article). Wij improved the implement to have daily resolution, treat splits decently, and to stir to Quandl’s WIKI EOD Stock Informatie database.
Our motivation is to produce fair, dividend reinvested comeback comparisons to the idealized reinvestment contraptions wij have elsewhere on the webpagina. For comparison purposes, attempt our Dow Jones Industrial Average Zakjapanner, S&,P 500 Zakjapanner, the Wilshire 5000 Zakjapanner, or the 10-Year Treasury Zakjapanner. (Please turn off inflation on those calculators to be comparable.) Wij also attempted a similar comparison te our Any House Terugwedstrijd Zakjapanner device, which uses median huis prices vanaf MSA to estimate comebacks on housing.
Even tho’ wij’ve bot building this style of zakjapanner for years, prices comes back are the most common comebacks quoted by the financial press.
Price is just one factor of comeback, however. Stocks may payout dividends ter dollars vanaf share or te fresh shares of stock, simply quoting price comes back misses a real (and significant!) portion of comebacks. It is especially egregious for special dividends, which can payout large contant comebacks overnight – while lowering a stock’s price. With this zakjapanner, you can ultimately do stock total comeback math very simply, by only providing a few dates and some investment information.
Wij hope you love the any stock dividend reinvestment rekenmachine. Use it ter good health, and may your dividend payouts be many!